A healthy mindset is the foundation to success and happiness in life, whether it be health, business, family, or relationships. More specifically, a “growth” mindset (where you believe that challenges are exciting and lifelong learning is necessary) is one of the biggest predictor of future success. So, just like eating well, creating a daily habit of a positive mindset is something that will keep you on track to good health. Don’t have a mindset practice yet? Today I’m sharing with you the 5 things that took me from an average mindset to a deliberate daily mindset practice that changed me immensely.
The 5 Positive Mindset Steps that Helped me be to Successful
- Stop comparing yourself to others. You’ve probably seen it on Instagram a million times, but comparison really is the thief of joy. You need to have your own path to success and health. Life isn’t a race, and the only thing you gain when you compare yourself to others is feeling bad. Stop it. Run your own race and focus on what you actually want. Plus, never assume that someone else’s road was easier than yours.
- If you want to develop your mindset for success and health, you have to change your language. Describe your life, challenges, business, etc in a positive way every single day and do not tell anyone who will listen how bad your life is. Speak only positively and you’ll start to see more of the positive. You’ll also attract positive people to you, which has it’s own benefits.
- Creating a daily habit of expressing gratitude. Pick 1 thing daily and tell yourself why you are grateful for it. I like to do this during my nighttime routine, but it doesn’t have to be then. You can write it in your calendar daily or do it during your morning routine. Whenever you do it, make a habit of doing it at the same time so you have to be consistent.
- Creating a positive mantra. It can be anything. Speak this mantra to yourself as many times as you can daily. If you don’t believe it works, just try it. Give it a week and see what happens. Here are some examples:
- I am grateful for my health
- I am a strong, healthy person who achieves what I set out to do.
- I am a wonderful woman, wife, mother, and businessperson.
- I love my life and I can’t wait for what’s next!
- I am built for success and will dominate my next _____.
- I am an important person who needs to sleep 7 hours tonight.
- Learn to be comfortable with being uncomfortable = push yourself towards new experiences and challenges. If you believe that your talent, your performance, or your habits are static, it is scientifically proven that you will be held back from growth and positive life results. Learning and being better only comes from being pushed out of your comfort zone. So, my advice is to surround yourself with people that are better than you or have skills you don’t. Be humble and learn from them, and be ready to have setbacks. Your confidence and mindset will grow immensely from the new experiences. Along the way, you’ll start to realize that being uncomfortable is the only way to grow and get better.
If you enjoyed this, share with your friends on Facebook or Pin It for later below.